This was originally posted on February 14, 2014, as part of our Food Stamp Challenge month.
With so many getting snow this week and us having snow forecasted for the weekend, thought I needed to re-post and share this again! Stella has been waiting to make this the next time we get a good amount of snow – maybe Sunday. She even wants me to buy some ice-cream so I can re-use the container for snow ice-cream and we can keep a bunch in the freezer, ready to indulge!
Snow Ice Cream
1 cup whole milk (raw if you have it)
1/3 cup organic sugar
1 – 2 tsp vanilla
pinch of salt
8 + cups fresh snow
1. In a bowl combine the milk, vanilla, sugar and salt. Whisk until the sugar is completely dissolved.
2. Stick the bowl into the freezer.
3. Go outside and fill a bowl or two with fresh snow.
4. Take the bowl out of the freezer and add the snow, cup at a time, and mix. You want the consistency to be firm enough to be scooped and the looks of crumbled topping.
5. Scoop into a bowl, add some sprinkles and enjoyed! Really delicious – smooth, sweet, cold and tastes like ice cream!!