For some reason of late I have been craving chocolate – not sure why. Now don’t get me wrong I love my chocolate – and maybe I am craving more lately since I know that I cannot just walk out the door and down the street to get some good dark chocolate or a homemade dessert at the local coffee shop. Whatever it is – I have had chocolate on the brain. I decided to take my regular banana bread recipe and add some other ingredients. This one is a definite keeper and was a hit at snack time with adults and kids alike!
Chocolate Banana Bread
1/2 cup butter (softened)
3/4 cup honey
3/4tsp. baking soda
1 cup flour (can use either unbleached white or wheat or a mixture)
1/4 cup hemp seeds
1/4 cup flax meal
2 Tbl unsweetened cocoa powder
1 Tbsp. baking powder
1/2 tsp. salt
Vanilla (optional, I just pour some in)
Cinnamon (optional, I just sprinkle some in)
3 mashed bananas
1. Cream butter and honey until light and fluffy.
2. Beat in egg, vanilla and cinnamon, if using.
3. Add in dry ingredients.
4. Mash the bananas in a separate bowl.
5. Combine the bananas with the dry ingredient mixture.
6. Grease and flour a 8x4x2 1/2 loaf pan. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
7. Pour batter into loaf pan.
8. Bake the loaf pan for 50 – 60 minutes, checking at 30 minutes and continue checking about every 10 minutes to prevent over cooking and the top burning.
9. Take out of the oven and let cool. Enjoy, we certainly did!