We needed some snacks for the drive from New York to Virginia and that was one of the requests from my dear friends who were making the drive with us. I had some pumpkin still left in the freezer – so I really wanted to use it and not let it go to waste! I went searching for a yummy pumpkin recipe and believe me these are absolutely delicious and were enjoyed by all!!
Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Brownies
Ingredients (you can half the recipe)
1 cup pumpkin puree
2 cups brown sugar
2 tsp vanilla
2 cups flour
2 tsp baking powder
2 tsp cocoa powder (preferably unsweetened)
1 tsp all spice
2 Tbl cinnamon
1/2 tsp sea salt
2 cups semisweet or dark chocolate chips
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. Grease a 10×15 pan.
3. Combine the pumpkin, eggs, vanilla and brown sugar and mix well.
4. In a separate bowl combine the flour, baking powder, cocoa, cinnamon, allspice and salt.
5. Add the flour to the pumpkin mixture, a little at a time, scraping the sides – mix well.
6. Add the chocolate chips – mix well.
7. Spread the batter evenly in the pan.
8. Bake for about 20 – 25 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean from the middle of the pan.
9. Cut into squares and serve. These freeze well and will go very fast!!