In our house and I am sure in may houses – there are times when you just need that chocolate chip cookie!! Yes, you have been good with eating healthy, watching your sugar intake, not snacking in between meals – but then it just sneaks up on you and the craving gets bigger and bigger until you just can’t ignore it anymore!! Make a batch of these and hide them in the freezer and when you get that craving you just can’t ignore – take one or two out, defrost and enjoy!
Gluten Free Chocolate Chip Cookies
1 2/3 cups Gluten Free Flour
2 Tbl Nature’s Approved™ Organic Grape Seed Flour
1/2 tsp Baking Soda
1/2 tsp Sea Salt
1 tsp Xanthan Gum
1/4 cup room temperature organic butter
3/4 cup packed organic Brown Sugar
1/3 cup organic Sugar
2 tsp vanilla
1 large egg
1 cup dark Chocolate Chips
1. In a small bowl, mix together flours, baking soda, salt, xanthan gum.
2. In a large bowl, beat together butter, sugar, brown sugar, vanilla and egg.
3. Beat in flour. The batter will get very thick and difficult to mix with the mixer towards the end.
4. Add the chocolate chips and combine with your hands, almost like kneading dough.
5. Shape dough into a flat disk and place into a plastic bag or wrap with plastic wrap. Refrigerate for 2 hours.
6. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
7. Line a cookie sheet with parchment paper.
8. Drop dough by tablespoonful’s or roll into balls and place 2” apart.
9. Bake 10 – 12 minutes on the center rack or until lightly browned.
10. Cool 2 – 3 minutes before removing from the cookie sheet and placing on wire rack.
Makes 24 cookies.