During this holiday week – we are off visiting family and friends and will be back in 2013. I leave you for the last of year with a marathon of gluten free recipes. Recently, I was hired by a company and asked to come up with some gluten free recipes using their organic grape seed flour. These recipes were put into a book of recipes to share at the food shows they participate in and to also share on their website. It was an interesting assignment and very educational. In our house none of us have a gluten intolerance – so cooking that way was very new. All the recipes turned out great (ok – I am biased) and some of them will definitely be part of our normal recipe rotation. Wishing you all a wonderful holiday season – thank you for following along on my journey of simplifying my life and getting back to basics.
Gluten Free Coconut Crusted Flounder
I love this recipe, first because it is so easy and secondly because is it so delicious!!!
2 Flounder filets
4 Tbl Assured Organics Grape Seed flour
Organic Almond Meal
Organic Shredded Coconut
1. In a shallow bowl scramble the egg, adding a little cold water.
2. In another shallow bowl combine the almond meal and the shredded coconut – in a ratio of 1:2.
3. Spray a baking dish with olive oil.
4. Preheat the oven to 400 degrees.
5. Place 1 flounder filet in a shallow bowl, sprinkle with 1 Tbl of Grape Seed Flour – rub to cover. Flip over and do the same to the other side.
6. Dredge the filet through the egg wash – coating both sides.
7. Dredge the filet through the almond/coconut mix. You want to make sure that the whole filet is coated – you may have to flip a couple of times – sprinkling the mixture over areas and patting on.
8. Place the filet in the baking dish and follow the same process for the other filet.
9. Bake in the oven for 10 – 15 minutes. If you want to brown it up – put it under the broiler for the last 2 – 3 minutes of cooking – but watch closely.
Serve with your favorite side dish or salad.