I love pumpkin and if I had my choice over pumpkin this or something that – most likely I am choosing the pumpkin! Ok – if it was choice between pumpkin this or key lime pie – the key lime pie would win!!!!
What I like about this recipe is that the sweetener used is raw honey and not granulated sugar – so you don’t get that spike as is common with other sweets. These are moist and very yummy – a big hit in our house and with the kids who visit often! These freeze well.
Gluten Free Pumpkin Bars
⅓ cup coconut flour
2 Tbl Nature’s Approved™ organic Grape Seed flour
¼ tsp sea salt
½ tsp baking soda
1 tsp cinnamon
1 cup organic pumpkin puree (can or homemade)
⅓ cup raw honey
¼ cup Nature’s Approved™ coconut oil
½ cup dark chocolate chips
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. In a food processor, combine coconut flour, grape seed flour, salt, baking soda and cinnamon.
3. Add the eggs, pumpkin, honey and coconut oil – pulse to combine.
4. Stir in the chocolate chips by hand.
5. Pour batter into an 8×8 inch baking dish.
6. Bake for 20 – 30 minutes, done when a toothpick comes out clean.
Cool and then cut into 20 bars. Enjoy!