I love eggs! We go through at least a dozen eggs a week – most weeks it is more. Each week I hard boil 6 – 8 eggs – they make for a great, healthy, quick snack, dinner on a hot night or as part of breakfast or lunch. The other day I was craving a good veggie frittata. I opened up the fridge and yes! I had enough cheese, pulled out the eggs and whatever veggies there were.
Whatever Veggies Baked Frittata
6 – 7 eggs (depends on how many veggies)
– portabella mushrooms
Parmesan cheese (freshly grated)
1. Cut up the veggies that you are going to use (the possibilities are endless).
2. Saute the veggies in coconut oil – you want them crisp they are still going to bake.
3. Preheat the oven to 400 degrees and line a round baking dish with parchment paper.
4. While the veggies are cooling, grate the cheese. I used a very large handful, probably 1/2 – 3/4 cup of cheese.
5. Crack the eggs into a bowl, scramble.
6. Add the cheese and a splash of milk – mix.
7. Add the veggies, mix well. If it seems that it is not “runny” enough add another egg. – Mix well, season (with my favorite mixture).
8. Pour into baking dish and cook for about 25 minutes or until the center is puffy and feels firm and springy.
Allow to cool and cut into 8 pieces. I had this for dinner and then the rest I put in the fridge. In the morning I take a piece out and heat on the tray in the toaster oven – yummy!!