A couple of years ago I received several skeins of hand dyed wool yarn. Really beautiful yarn and I wanted to find the perfect thing to knit for myself. I came across this pattern on Favecrafts.com and this past summer I started knitting. This was not a knitting project that I could do mindlessly while watching a movie – so it took time, ok a lot of time! But to be fair to myself I knitted many other things between the summer and now, picking this project up in-between other projects. I finished knitting it about a month ago and it has sat on the back of my couch waiting to be blocked – why did I wait so long?! I don’t know, because blocking takes pretty much no effort. But having time with the snow outside – I decided it was time! I love it.
Knitted Pull Through Wrap (original pattern)
Size 8 round needles
Size 9 round needles
3 – 4 skeins
Approximate size:Wrap measures 17½” x 70” (mine was about 65 inches long)
Gauge: 16 sts = 4”; 29 rows = 4” in Seed st with larger needles. CHECK YOUR GAUGE.
C4B = Slip next 2 sts to cable needle and hold in back, K2, K2 from cable needle.
C4F = Slip next 2 sts to cable needle and hold in front, K2,K2 from cable needle.
With smaller needles, cast on 75 sts. Work in Seed st as follows:
Row 1: (Right Side): K1, * P1, K1; repeat from * across.
Rows 2-6: Repeat Row 1.
Change to larger needles
Row 1: (Right Side): (K1, P1) 6 times, (P2, K5, P3, K5, P2) 3 times, (P1, K1) 6 times.
Row 2: (K1, P1) 6 times, (K2, P4, K5, P4, K2) 3 times, (P1,K1) 6 times.
Row 3: (K1, P1) 6 times, (P2, K13, P2) 3 times, (P1, K1) 6 times.
Row 4: (K1, P1) 6 times, (K2, P4, K1, P3, K1, P4, K2) 3 times, (P1, K1) 6 times.
Row 5: (K1, P1) 6 times, (P2, C4B, K1, P3, K1, C4F, P2) 3 times, (P1, K1) 6 times.
Row 6: Repeat Row 2.
Row 7: Repeat Row 3.
Row 8: Repeat Row 4.
Repeat Rows 1-8 for Seed st and Cable patterns until 10” from beginning, end wrong side row.
Divide For Slits
1. Keeping continuity of patterns, work across first 29 sts; drop yarn and attach 2nd skein of yarn, work across next 17 sts with 2nd skein of yarn; drop yarn and attach 3rd
skein of yarn, work across last 29 sts with 3rd skein of yarn.
2. Working each section separately and staying in pattern, work slits for 6½”, end with a wrong side row.
3. Now work across all sts with one skein of yarn until 69” from beginning.
4. Change to smaller needles and work 6 rows of Seed st across all sts. Bind off in pattern
1.Weave in all ends.
2. Wet rap thoroughly, squeeze out excess water. Lay on a towel and pin to block.
3. Allow to dry completely.