Ok- so we are sort of on a homemade dressing kick, but in our house that is a good thing! I love when I have a recipe that calls for something store bought, but I can make it from scratch in my kitchen and the best part – it tastes so much better!!
We were away visiting family and someone brought a bean, corn, spice dip and it made me remember that I had a recipe for Mexican Caviar and that is when the craving started and wouldn’t let go. When we came back from our trip we had our monthly game night scheduled and this one was to be appetizers – I knew exactly what I was making, but first I had to make some homemade Italian dressing. Don’t worry the Mexican Caviar recipe is my next post!
3/4 cup olive oil
1/4 cup red wine vinegar
2 – 3 cloves garlic, minced
Sea salt and pepper to taste
1 1/2 tsp dried basil
1 tsp minced red pepper
1 Tbl Parmesan cheese
1. Process the oil and vinegar together in a blender or in a jar with a stick blender or shake vigorously in a jar.
2. Add the salt and pepper, spices and cheese.
3. Process just long enough to mix together.
4. Let sit for 30 minutes for flavors to meld.
5. Before serving whisk lightly or shake bottle. You will absolutely fall in love with this Italian dressing. It just bursts with flavor and just so rich with goodness!