As we get ready to say goodbye to the old year and hello to the New Year – many will be going to parties and family gatherings. This is the perfect cake to bring along or to just make for you and your family. It is so easy, so moist and so good!
Oatmeal Cake With Cream Cheese Frosting
1 1/4 cup boiling water
1 cup oatmeal (not instant)
1 stick butter
1 cup brown sugar
1 tsp baking soda
1 1/4 cup flour
1 tsp cinnamon
8 oz. full fat cream cheese
2 1/2 – 3 cups confectioners sugar
1 tsp vanilla
Enough milk to blend ingredients together (use whole milk)
To Make the Cake (can be done in a 9×13 pan or 2 8″ cake pans)
1. In a bowl combine the oats, butter and boiling water – let stand for 20 minutes.
2. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
3. Add all other cake ingredients to the oat mixture – mix well.
4. Grease and flour you pans. Pour batter into pans.
5. Bake for 30 minutes.
6. Allow to cool completely before frosting.
To Make Frosting
1. Combine the cream cheese, confectioners sugar, vanilla and milk in a bowl. Add a little bit of milk at a time until you get the consistency you desire.
2. Frost the cake and if you want to make it a little more festive, sprinkle with colored sugar or drizzle with primal fudge.
I kept it in the fridge and took out about 30 minutes before serving.Copyright secured by Digiprove © 2013
Okay, I’m sold. I’ve not yet handled sweets well, but this doesn’t look overly sweet and that’s a lot of great fiber as well. Thanks for the recipe.
You did a great job on this post. Cake looks scrumptious!!
Pamela brought it to our house and it was delicious !