We were in Charlotte a couple of weekends ago and my aunt served these wonderful cucumbers with dinner. I had to ask for the recipe. I made a batch at home and they were gone in 1 evening – Stella gobbled them up like most kids eat candy. These are so good, so easy and just deliciously wonderful! They will stay crisp for at least 2 days – if they last that long in your fridge!
1 tsp sea salt
2 tsp sugar
2+ Tbl white rice vinegar
1. Slice the cucumbers thin, leaving the skin on. I use a knife but you could use a mandolin or the slicing attachment for your Cuisinart.
2. Thinly slice the onions.
3. Layer the onions and cucumbers in a bowl.
4. Combine the vinegar, sugar and salt – mixing to dissolve. Pour over the cucumbers.
5. Mix the cucumbers and then generously sprinkle with celery seeds.
6. Cover and refrigerate overnight or you can make in the morning to have with dinner that night.
Serve and watch them disappear!