I was invited to my first pot luck in our new home town. I love get-togethers, but they also give me some anxiety. When you are new to area and you are getting to know the community and new people and can be a little overwhelming. So as I was getting ready to leave a little tightness in my stomach happened – I would know the host, but would I know anyone else? I knew one other person there, but a little uncomfortable in the beginning, but that did not last long. It was nice getting to know people, share in their story, share mine (several times) and share in good food. I was not sure what to bring, but I had wanted to try a new recipe and that is what I did.
No Bake Chocolate Oatmeal Bars ( Original Recipe )
1 cup natural peanut butter
1/2 cup honey
1/2 cup coconut oil
2 cups oats
1 cup shredded unsweetened coconut flakes
3/4 cup crushed walnuts or nut of your choice
1/4 goji berries
1 1/4 cup dark chocolate chips
1. Grease a 9×13 pan with coconut oil or butter
2. In a large glass bowl combine the oats, walnuts, coconut flakes, goji berries and chocolate chips – mix.
3. In a heavy bottomed sauce pan add the peanut butter, honey and coconut oil. Stir often and do not let it boil.
4. Pour the heated peanut butter mix into the oats mixture and stir until well combined and the chocolate chips are melted.
5. Pour the mixture into the grease pan and spread evenly.
7. Cut into bars. You need to keep these cool or they will start to melt a little. They will keep in the refrigerator up to one week, but I doubt they will last that long!
I didn’t hear any complaints – they were quit yummy if I do say so myself!