Over the holidays I made paleo coconut macaroons and while they were good they were not exactly what I was looking for in a macaroon. Really I wanted my macaroon to stay together better and to have an airier texture. This recipe fit all that I was looking for! They were gone in about 2 days – so I think others liked them too!
Coconut Macaroons (thanks goes to Penny Ann Habek )
1 1/3 cups unsweetened coconut flakes
1/3 cup organic sugar
2 Tbl flour (I used sprouted flour)
1/8 tsp sea salt
2 egg whites (add the yolks to your next batch of scrambled eggs – yummy!)
1/2 tsp vanilla
1. Preheat your oven to 325 degrees.
2. In a bowl combine the coconut, sugar, flour and salt.
3. Stir in the egg whites and vanilla – mix well.
4. Line a cookie sheet with parchment paper.
5. Drop by the spoon onto the line cookie sheet.
6. When I had about half of the batter left – I decided to put about 1 tsp unsweetened cocoa powder in the batter. Knew these were good without it, but wanted to do an experiment.
7. Bake for about 18 t0 20 minutes – they will get a golden brown.
8. Cool on a wire rack. Makes about 1 1/2 dozen macaroons
You will love them!