I love the fall! My favorite time of year! I recently made this and there were several people there who had never had roasted pumpkin and they loved it – so of course, I thought I would share. To Stella and me there is nothing like fresh cooked pumpkin. This is easy to make, flavorful and goes well with some quinoa.
1 sugar pumpkin, winter squash, butternut squash, acorn squash (get the picture)
Sea salt and pepper
1. Wash the squash and dry. I do this to get any dirt, etc off – so it does not mix with the “meat”.
2. Cut the pumpkin in half and scoop out the seeds and stringy center. You can either discard or save the seeds for roasting later.
3. Peel/cut the skin off with the large knife.
4. Preheat the oven to 375 degrees.
5. Cut the pumpkin “meat” into cubes. Place cubes in baking dish.
6. Drizzle some olive oil on the pumpkin cubes, toss and then add salt and pepper – toss.
7. Place the baking dish in the oven. Toss the pumpkin every 20 minutes or so. They are done when a fork goes into easily – depending on size of cubes 45 minutes to 1 hour.
Serve as a side dish, over quinoa or with a drizzle of maple syrup – they will go fast, but if by chance you do have leftovers – you can re-heat them in a steamer.