When I posted about the fried zucchini I was given a new recipe for zucchini patties – which sounded fabulous! Since I had all the ingredients in the house and need another recipe to use up the zucchini (more recipes coming) – to the kitchen I went.
3 – 4 cups grated zucchini
1 1/2 – 2 cups almond meal
Seasoning to taste
Butter for cooking.
1. Wash the zucchini and start grating. I grate until I get to the inside with the seeds (that part goes into the compost).
2. Place the grated zucchini in a colander and allow to drain. I do not have a set time on this. I grated, put it in the colander and then got all the other ingredients out, set the table, put dishes away and a few other things around the house and then came back. For bread I drain for about an hour.
3. Place the zucchini in a bowl and add the eggs. Mix together. You could scramble the eggs in a separate bowl and then add, but I am one for simple and not a lot to clean up!
4. Add the almond meal – I do a 1/2 cup at a time – mixing and then adding more. I like mine dry enough to hold together but not too much almond meal – I want to taste the zucchini with a touch of almond.
5. Add seasonings. This is my new favorite mixed seasoning and then I add some pepper. Like it says above season to taste and some time our mood changes our taste for that preparation.
6. Melt butter in a pan, cast iron works great! Make patties and place in the hot butter. Cook 3 – 7 minutes on each side, depending on thickness. Allow to get a golden brown.
7. Serve. I made a simple salad and a couple of these – perfect meal.
You can store in the fridge or freeze. I had them for dinner 2 nights and gave some to a neighbor whose family is away.