Continuing on our quest for yummy raw food desserts – I came across this recipe at Garden of Life. After seeing the ingredients – we had to try it and see if it really tasted like chocolate mousse – OMG – it is delicious!! We ate some outside and our neighbor asked Stella how her chocolate pudding was and she said it wasn’t chocolate pudding – so of course they said then what is it? She wouldn’t tell them – so I gave them a small bowl, they tasted, loved it and then I told them what was in it – they couldn’t believe it.
1/2 cup Medjool dates, soaked
1/2 cup raw honey (I am going to try and use less next time)
1 tsp vanilla extract (optional – but we used our homemade)
1 – 1 1/2 cups mashed avocado (about 2 – 3 avocados depending on size)
3/4 cup raw cacao powder
1/2 cup water
1. Take the pits out of the dates and place in a glass measuring cup, add water and allow to soak. We soaked for about 15 minutes since they were very soft to begin with.
2. Add the dates, raw honey and vanilla in a food processor and process until smooth.
3. Mash the avocados and add them to the date mixture along with the cacao powder. Process until creamy, stopping to scrape the sides.
4. Slowly add that water and process until rich and creamy.
5. Place into a glass bowl that has a cover and place in the freezer of fridge to chill. Can be eaten at room temperature, but we think it is better cold.
This would make great fudgesicles – but I am not sure I could eat a whole one – would have to cut the sweetness.
Stella thought this was great fun to make and kept checking on the smoothness. Everyone that has tried this can not believe what it is made with and thinks it is just wonderful!