Stella has been watching me cook and helping me for a long time. This is Stella’s first, all her, baking debut! Usually she will ask to make something and then half way through ask me to finish. This one I just directed and showed tricks of measuring, etc. and I put the cookie sheets in and took them out of the oven. When she tasted them, and loved them, she was very proud of herself for being able to make something so delicious!
Banana Sunflower Seed Cookies
1/2 cup oil (we melted coconut oil)
1 1/2 cup flour (we used wheat)
2 medium bananas
1 cup sunflower seeds (we used roasted, unsalted)
1/2 cup sugar
1 tsp baking soda
Unsweetened, coconut flakes (optional)
1. Measure coconut oil and place in a saucepan to melt.
2. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
3. Peel the bananas and place in a glass bowl, mash with a fork.
4. Add oil and sugar to the bananas and mix well.
5. Add flour, sunflower seeds and baking soda to banana mixture and stir well.
6. Stella added some coconut flakes to the last of the dough and it was a nice combination.
7. Line baking sheets with parchment paper and take a few minutes to act silly and play your spoons!!!
8. Take your two spoons and drop dough by the rounded spoonful about 2 ” apart on the cookie sheet. Bake for about 15 minutes or until the edges are lightly brown.
We made ours a little bigger than bite size, which makes for a healthier choice snack in Stella’s lunch.