This weekend the sun was shining and the weather was warm – so of course I spent as much of it as I could out in the yard. After working out in the yard I was hungry for a snack, but did not want to spoil dinner – so roasted cauliflower bites sounded delicious! Each week I get several recipes from the numerous lists I am on and remember seeing this one and I had everything in the house to make it! Wonderful!
Roasted Cauliflower Bites (Thank you Humane Society )
1 head cauliflower, cut up into bite size pieces
2/3 cup organic bread crumbs or panko
4 tsp dried thyme
1 tsp dried oregano
1 tsp sea salt
Freshly ground pepper
2 tsp+ olive oil
1. Preheat the oven to 425 F.
2. Line a large, rimmed baking sheet with parchment paper and spray with olive oil or rub olive oil on parchment paper.
3. Cut up the cauliflower.
4. In a glass mixing bowl, mix together the bread crumbs, herbs, salt, and pepper. Drizzle in the 2 tsp olive oil and use your fingertips to rub it into the bread crumbs.
5. In another glass bowl, place the cauliflower (I did it in batches) and drizzle with olive oil – mix to coat all pieces.
6. Roll the cauliflower pieces around in the crumbs, then place them in a single layer on the baking sheet.
7. Sprinkle any excess crumbs over the cauliflower.
8. Bake for 12 minutes, or until tender and lightly browned.
Serve – these are great to just snack on or as a side to a meal. I loved them, Stella thought they were ok.