Hi, Stella here. Today I’m going to be writing about my school lunch. When my mom talked me in to getting school lunches I was like hey whatever. Here’s how it went.
99% of the my school’s lunches have meat in them which is really unfortunate coming from a vegetarian. When I g0t the school lunches this week I had chef salad , and I was usually the only one ordering it.
The chef salad was pretty good, it comes with dried fruit, but I was not sure what kind it was. It also came with bread and ranch dressing. The first day on the side I had seeds, but the other two days the school was out of seeds and I was given chicken in a container. I don’t eat chicken and I told them that, but I got it anyway. Luckily someone at my table was there to rescue me and the chicken so it did not go to waste. It is a lot of food and it filled me up. Lucky me I only had to do school lunch 3 days this week because we had a major snow storm and no school for 2 days.
Who said that you can’t have a dessert when taking the food stamp challenge and ice cream at that! We got hit hard with the winter storm that started on Wednesday and ended on Thursday – at last measurement we had 19″ but it continued to snow after that. I think all in all we had at least 2 feet of snow and now the winds are suppose to get up to 40 mph tonight – can’t wait to check out the drifts that come from that.
With all the snow and with conditions as they were – couldn’t really go out and play in it – so instead we decided to make snow ice cream. Stella was a little skeptical when I told what were going to do – but by the look on her face – she ENJOYED it!
Snow Ice Cream
1. In a bowl combine the milk, vanilla, sugar and salt. Whisk until the sugar is completely dissolved.
2. Stick the bowl into the freezer.
3. Go outside and fill a bowl or two with fresh snow.
4. Take the bowl out of the freezer and add the snow, cup at a time, and mix. You want the consistency to be firm enough to be scooped and the looks of crumbled topping.
5. Scoop into a bowl, add some sprinkles and enjoyed! Really delicious – smooth, sweet, cold and tastes like ice cream!!