Sometimes you just have to let the kids go wild in the kitchen and bake some cookies. Stella had her buddy over for the weekend and they wanted to make cookies, which had been discussed many times – but this time they finally got around to baking. I even broke down and bought M&M’s for the cookies – mainly for Stella’s friend – who told me she looks forward to going home so she can eat processed foods! We are working on converting her at least at our house, but we are going easy since the food at our house doesn’t always do well with her digestive system. They had so much fun baking. We divided up the cookies at the end and believe me the cookies seemed to mysteriously disappear at our house! By the time I remembered that I had not taken a photo of a cookie, there were only 2 left and some crumbs!
Chocolate M&M Cookies
1 cup butter (2 sticks)
1 cup sugar
3/4 cup packed brown sugar
2 large eggs
1 tsp vanilla
2 1/4 cups flour (we used organic white and some spelt)
1/3 cup cocoa powder
1 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp sea salt
1 bag M&M minis
1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
2. In a large bowl cream the butter and both sugars together.
3. Add the eggs and vanilla and mix well.
4. In another bowl combine the flour, cocoa powder, baking soda and salt.
5. Slowly add the flour to the butter mixture. Make sure it is well combined.
6. Mix in the M&M’s.
7. You can chill the dough, we did not the girls could not wait.
8. Drop the dough by spoonfuls onto a cookie sheet about 2 inches apart.
9. Bake for 7 – 9 minutes for chewy cookies. Let cool on a rack.