Chocolate Chip Bars
2 sticks butter, room temperature (don’t throw out the stick wrappers)
3/4 cups sugar or rapadura
3/4 cups brown sugar, packed
1 tsp vanilla
2 1/4 cup flour (we used spelt)
1 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp sea salt
2 cups chocolate chips (we did a combo of semi-sweet and dark)
1. Preheat the oven to 375 degrees.
2. Cream the butter, sugars and vanilla together.
3. Add eggs, beat well.
4. In a separate bowl combine the flour, baking soda and salt.
5. Gradually add the flour mixture to the butter mixture – make sure it is well blended, scraping the sides and the bottom.
6. Add the chocolate chips and stir well.
7. Grease a jelly pan or glass 9×13 baking dish. Use the butter stick wrappers to grease – 2 wrappers greased the bottom and the sides of the baking dish.
8. Spread the batter evenly in the baking dish and bake for 20 – 30 minutes or until golden brown. The toothpick test will not work on this – it will come out wet. We baked for 30 minutes and it was a lovely golden color.
9. Allow to cool (don’t have to wait until completely) before cutting.
Enjoy!! I know that we did. These will definitely curb your sweet tooth – they are very rich, so a small bar is enough!