For the most part I make all my cleaning products, but I have to admit that I use Bar Keeper for cleaning the bathroom, toilet, kitchen sink and wanted to try and get away from that and make a cleaner from scratch.
I came across a recipe, I think I saw it on Facebook, and I wrote the recipe down. Can’t find where I found it to give the original creator credit – but I did tweek it a little bit.
Soft Scrub Cleaner
1/2 cup baking soda
1/2 cup washing soda
1 cup liquid castille soap
2 Tbl vinegar
20 – 25 drops tea tree essential oil
10 – 15 drops lemon essential oil
10 – 15 drops peppermint essential oil
1. In a glass bowl mix the baking soda and washing soda together, getting rid of all the lumps.
2. Add the castille soap and the essential oils – mixing well as you add. It will harden quick, but keep mixing and if need be add a little more castille soap.
3. Add the vinegar – it will fizz a little, but it will stop.
4. I really get it blended by using my handheld mixer. It will be the consistency of a soft paste.
5. Store in a glass jar or mason jar.
When using, take a little out of container and place on a wet sponge. Scrub the surface that needs to be cleaned. Rinse and dry – it will be sparkly and the bathroom will smell lovely. It also works wonder on a the stainless kitchen sink.
It does not take a lot to clean a lot of surface space!