I had a wonderful dinner menu planned for my birthday evening, but circumstances altered those plans and post-poned the dinner. The rest of the week was no better for making the planned menu, so last night I made my birthday dinner menu: Snow Crab legs, broccoli and sweet potatoes followed by Cinnamon Bread. Being in a rental home without all my kitchen ware, makes cooking and baking a little bit of a challenge! I can only find so many things in the storage unit and I did bring a couple essentials with me to the house, but of course I did not think of everything. I had to borrow a mixer to make this bread, but that is a good thing about living so close to family and having great neighbors and friends!
2 eggs (farm fresh, yeah!)
1/2 cup butter (softened at room temperature)
1 cup sugar
1/2 cup whole milk
1 1/4 cup flour
2 1/2 tsp baking powder
1 tsp cinnamon
1 tsp melted butter
1 Tbl sugar and 1 Tbl cinnamon, mixed together
1 Preheat oven to 300 degrees.
2. Beat together eggs, 1/2 cup butter and sugar until fluffy.
3. In a separate bowl combine the dry ingredients but not the combined sugar and cinnamon.
4. Mix the dry ingredients and the milk to the butter mixture and mix until completely combined.
5. Grease a bread pan.
6. Pour the batter into the bread pan and bake for almost an hour, done when a toothpick comes out clean.
7. Take the loaf out of the pan and place on a plate, pour the melted butter over the loaf and sprinkle with the sugar/cinnamon mix.
Serve and enjoy! This was the perfect ending to a wonderful meal!! Very airy, slightly sweet – would be good toasted with some butter – yum!!