As the sorting and packing has begun, so has the kitchen cupboard using up. I have a honey jar and wanted to find a recipe that would use up the honey inside – what a mess the honey would make if I had to find someway to pack that jar and dispenser!! With all the packing and mind overload – I was also craving something sweet and comforting! I came across this recipe and it sounded so good and there was no refined sugar or baking – perfect!!
No Bake Chocolate, Coconut Macaroons (thanks to Red and Honey )
3/4 cup honey
1/3 cup coconut oil
3 1/2 cups medium or large unsweetened flaked coconut
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 tablespoon real vanilla extract
2/3 cups unsweetened cocoa
1/2 cup almond meal
1. In a saucepan add the honey and coconut oil – on VERY low heat melt. When melted turn off heat. I used honey, but you could use raw honey and that is what I would normally use.
2. Add the coconut flakes and mix well.
3. Add the vanilla and salt – mix well.
4. Add the cocoa and mix well.
5. Add the almond meal and mix well.
6. Line a cookie sheet with parchment or wax paper.
7. Drop macaroons by the teaspoon onto the sheet.
8. Place the cookie sheet in the freezer for at least 20 minutes.
Take out and enjoy!! And you will enjoy these – I have no doubt. You can store in the freezer or fridge in an airtight container. We chose to store in the freezer – since you have to wait a couple of minutes before you eat one – in the fridge they are to easy to grab and pop into your mouth!!