Now what girl does not need a purse? And of course an American Girl doll needs her purse to make any of her outfits complete! This is the final winter accessory for the American Girl doll gift bag. Knitting is a great hobby and great for idle hands and to promote concentration. When I knit it is almost like meditation and I think knitting is a great skill to teach our young children. All the American Girl doll knitted patterns are great beginner projects and small enough and easy enough to get a child excited about knitting!
American Girl Knitted Purse
Size 3 knitting needles
Worsted weight yarn
1. You will need to make 2 pieces for the body, for each cast on 10 stitches.
2. Knit 3 rows in garter stitch (knit every row).
3. Knit in stockinette stitch (knit 1 row, purl 1 row) for 4 inches.
4. Knit 3 rows in garter stitch.
5. Bind off.
6. To make the purse strap, cast on 20 stitches and then bind off.
7. To put the purse together, take the 2 body pieces and with right sides facing each other, sew up the sides.
8. Sew one end of the strap on each side of the purse, make sure not to twist the strap.
9. Turn inside out and give to your doll to fill it with what she wants to put in!