If someone you know has an American Girl doll, then you aware of all the cloth choices they have and the cost of those outfits. With winter here, even a doll needs to stay warm on those chilly outings! Several years ago, when Stella had gotten her first American Girl doll – I knitted many winter pieces. A winter hat is essential for keeping the heat it and of course it needs to be stylish!
American Girl Knitted Hat
Size 10 knitting needles
Worsted weight yarn
1. Cast on 48 stitches.
2. Work 5 rows in a Knit 1, Purl 1 ribbing.
3. On RS (right side) work K2, P1 across row.
4. Purl the row.
5. Repeat 3 & 4 until piece measures 3 1/3″.
6. Begin decreasing: K2tog (knit 2 together), P1 – continue to end of row.
7. Purl row
8. Repeat 6 & 7 until there are 8 stitches left on the needle.
9. Cut the yarn, leaving a 12″ tail and using your darning needle, bring the needle thru the 8 stitches as you take them off the needle and then pull tightly.
10. Secure the top of the hat and then sew up the back seam. Weave in all ends.