This week has been a crazy, packed one! With all the Halloween activities, we didn’t even get a chance to do a kids craft this week and my knitting projects are starting to collect dust. I thought by now I would have gotten into the rhythm with being back in school, but I still can’t quite get a handle on time management around it – you would think that in 3 1/2 months I would have been able to, but that seems not to be the case! On top of life, being a mom, school, blogging, my “jobs”, building my health coaching practice – I was given two great opportunities in the past week. The first one was to come up with a proposal and seminar schedule to start promoting myself and the business at a local gym – yeah!! The second was to develop 10 – 15 recipes for a health food company – using one of their products in each recipe, other items of theirs a plus and making them gluten free. Yeah, again!! So far I have done 10 and they requested another 5. It has been a learning experience – since I do not cook, bake, eat gluten free – now I am more educated, it opened up another avenue of cooking and I can now offer this to my health coaching clients. Benefits all the way around. I will be away for an extended period in December – so was keeping many of these recipes as posts for then, but there is one that I created that I just had to share now!
I made these and when I tasted them for the first time – WOW!! The are decadent, delicious, raw and contain super foods. I have had others taste them and they all agree these are wonderful! These have made it to the list of holiday treats that are given as gifts.
Raw “Divine” Chocolate Balls
1/2 cup raw sunflower seeds
½ cup crushed pistachio nuts
1 cup dried dates
2 Tbl Cacao powder
1 Tbl Nature’s Approved™ organic Grape Seed flour
2 Tbl raw honey
1/2 tsp vanilla extract
Organic unsweetened shredded coconut (optional)
1. Line a cookie sheet or other pan with parchment or wax paper.
2. De-shell and crush pistachio nuts (Place nuts in a plastic bag and crush with a rolling pin).
3. Add all ingredients to a food processor and pulse until all ingredients are combined – forming a paste ball.
4. Measure out about a tablespoon of the mixture and roll into a ball. Place the balls on the paper lined tray.
5. Pour some shredded coconut into a small ball and roll some of the chocolate balls in the coconut – place back on the paper line tray.
6. Place the tray in the refrigerator to allow the balls to set. Once chilled, transfer to a seal-able container.
Makes about 25 “Divine” balls. They will keep for up to one week in the refrigerator, but these are so good they will be gone long before a week is up!!