We continue our quest for non store purchased snack foods. Soccer has started back up so a snack is needed for practice day and game day, along with our other outdoor activities. The quinoa bars went quick and I will definitely being making those again, but of course wanted to try another recipe I came across for non-bake chewy granola bars. There were a couple of things that I liked about this recipe – no corn syrup (yeah!), no baking (so great for the summer) and that the goodies could be mix and matched and changed up.
No Bake Chewy Granola Bars (thank you to: http://heavenlyhomemakers.com/homemade-chewy-granola-bars-without-corn-syrup)
1/2 cup peanut butter or sunbutter
1/3 cup honey
1/4 cup coconut butter or olive oil
1 cups oats
1 cup combination of dried fruits, seeds, nuts, coconut flakes, chocolate chips, flaxseed
1. In a saucepan, melt together the peanut butter, honey and coconut oil. We used sunflower butter.
2. Once melted, turn the heat off and add the oats.
3. Choose your combination of goodies and mix and match to equal 1 cup total – stir into the oat mixture.
4. Spread evenly into an 8×8 or 9×4 pan.
5. Place in the refrigerator and chill for at least 2 hours. Cut into bars, wrap in plastic wrap or parchment paper and store in the fridge.
These are DELICIOUS!!! Very rich, so small squares are the way to go. They need to stay cool or they get a little sticky. Everyone who has tried them, LOVES them! Can’t wait to make them this summer – a nice snack that is refreshingly, sweet and satisfying – perfect for those hot days!Copyright secured by Digiprove © 2012
Pretty yummy and healthy.
These sound great.
We’ll have to try them when I get into making them…
Everyone here who has tried them has loved them!! They are super fast to make too!