Want a quick and easy knitting project? I have the perfect one – a knitted headband. I finished this watching a movie. I had Stella try it on the next morning and she has not taken it off. Since it was so easy and fast to make I will just whip one up for myself during the next movie I watch.
1 skein yarn (will not use the whole thing, I used the leftover yarn from the felted bowl I made and still had yarn left)
Size #11 double pointed needles and a set of #11 straight needles (I used the pointed needles the whole time)
gauge: 14 stitches = 4″ garter stitch
Size: 15 (17, 19.5”)
1. Cast on 5 stitches onto double pointed needles.
2. Work an I-cord for 2”
a) Knit all stitches
b) Without turning work, slide the stitches to the other
end of the needle
c) Pull the working yarn across the back
d) Continue these steps until cord is length you need
Change to straight needles, if you prefer.
4. Work even in stockinette stitch (knit 1 row, purl 1 row)for 1.5”
5. Change to garter stitch (knit all rows) and work even for 8 (9, 10.5)”
6. Work even in stockinette stitch for 1.5”
7. Decrease row (WS) *P2tog; repeat to end of row. You have 5 stitches
8. Change to double pointed needles and work I-cord for 2” (see above)