If you are the parent of a young girl you probably have some experience with American Girl Dolls. Stella got her first American Girl Doll on her first birthday – she named her Big Baby. Big Baby has been through a lot and she is still a favorite among Stella’s dolls. Then came Julie – a gift from Grandma Jo. Then she came Ivy – a shared purchase with her Great Grandma Fran. Then the twins, Kaya, then another baby and finally Caroline – which have all been purchased by Stella! I am not sure why she needs to have so many of them, but she does. The girls go away for awhile and then without warning I will walked into the living you and they are all sitting on the couch or spread out around the living room sitting at makeshift desks hard at work at their school work.
One of Stella’s friends thought it would be a good idea for Ivy and Julie to wear some makeup – a HUGE mistake!! Stella has been upset about this ever since it happened. The other day I was talking with a friend and I overheard Stella talking to Caroline (the doll), saying she had a financial situation. Believe me that made my head turn. I turned to her and said what financial situation do you have. Her response: Well I need to figure out how to raise money so that I can send Julie and Ivy to the American Girl Hospital to get the makeup off their faces.
I had my iPhone with me and told her that maybe she should do some research and see if there was a way that we could try and get the makeup off them. That is exactly what she did. After reading many pages on line – she came to me and asked if she could have some money to buy make up remover cloths that did not contain alcohol – that is what she said would work. She went into the health food store and bought a pack for $8. I thought this was little much since she was only going to use a couple of them. I decided to do my own research and found that baking soda and water may just do the job!
The next night we undressed the dolls, pulled their hair back and went to work. First it was the legs on Ivy- as a trial. Hope you can see the difference, hard to have it show up in a photo.
Then it was on to the faces. First Ivy and then Julie. Stella was so happy with the results!
We had to scrub and repeat a couple of times – but success was had!!! So much better than sending them of the the hospital! Next is to figure out a way to get some pen off Ivy’s legs – some more research needs to be done.