I love coconut and I love macaroons – so this year I decided that they would be part of the holiday baking gifts. They are so easy, which, really for me is not a good thing!!! The holiday tins this year will be filled with pumpkin bread (recipe in a future blog), peanut butter bon bons, divine balls, fudge, molasses cookies (future blog – January 7, 2013) and coconut macaroons.
Happy Holiday Baking
Coconut Macaroons (thank you to Elana’s Pantry)
2 large egg whites
1/4 cup honey
1/4 tsp sea salt
2 1/2 cups coconut flakes
1. In a medium glass bowl, whisk together the egg whites and honey with a fork. Save the egg yolks and add to your scrambles eggs tomorrow morning!
2. Whisk in the salt.
3. Stir in the coconut flakes.
4. Place bowl in the refrigerator to chill for at least 12 hour.
5. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
6. Line a cookie sheet with parchment paper.
7. I used a soup spoon and then firmly squeezed the dough into a ball and placed on the cookie sheet.
8. Bake for 10 – 12 minutes, until macaroons are golden brown.
9. Cool for 1 hour and serve.
Different from traditional coconut macaroons, but Delicious!!!Copyright secured by Digiprove © 2012
Wow. Easy and delicious looking!! Did you use sweetened coconot flakes?
I did not use sweetened coconut flakes.