I have noticed lately that there are many trinkets being made with Scrabble letters. I think they are so cool, but I have not wanted to learn how to make them, but when I saw some ornaments made with the letters – I wanted to do that. The one’s I saw used the trays as the holder of the words – since I don’t have the saw and did not want to go borrow my neighbors – I figured out another way to make my “Scrabble Letter Ornaments”! The possibilities for doing these “ornaments” is limitless. When I saw a Scrabble game at the church fair for sale – I bought it!
Scrabble Letter Ornaments
Card board (on the thinner side)
1. Using the letters make the words for your ornaments.
2. Cut a piece of cardboard for the backing, the same length as the letters in your word.
3. Cut a piece of ribbon about 4″ – 5″ in length. Loop the ribbon and glue to the center top of the cardboard backing.
4. Glue the letters to form your word onto the cardboard backing.
5. Place your ornament on the felt and cut a piece to cover the back of the ornament.
6. Glue the felt onto the back of the ornament.
Sometimes I wish my mind would turn off, but that rarely happens. As I was making these I was thinking of other crafts I could make using the letters at part of the project – can’t wait for when I have some more free time for experimenting! Maybe when this happens I will!